Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Marketing PLan 101

So, I am doing a self directed study now. Actually my first self-directed study ever. And I am getting a little bit nervous on day two already.

I gambled pretty high when I proposed my study, telling my teachers that I already know what we are going to do and that I want to dive deeper and get more out of it.
After two days of research I am still kind of where i started, not really knowing what i should do the next 3 weeks, even though my proposal sounds pretty cool :)

And I already had a bunch of amazing ideas. I got 2 companies that i can use as case studies for my research paper, that fall into the categorie of small and start up (I-Pam and the Bonnell Project). Both of them are really inspiring and are great companies.
I-Pam, a progressive asset management companie that does social responsible investment and value driven direct placement for "awakened human beings" with the goal of creating true wealth (to me at least, this sounds suuper inspiring)
The Bonnell is a social space for young creative people, with a recording studio, gathering space and a stage. Its goal is to foster community by connecting people (i actually do not really too much about it right now, but it is really inspiring too).

The only thing that is missing, and that is pestering me, is to get a plan. I have no plan of what to do, how i can integrate this in my paper...
hm... we will see.
It's gonna be 2 challenging weeks with a lot of opportunities to grow... i bet :)

Here is my proposal, btw:

Proposal for Independent study in MGT425 Marketing

for Emanuel Schachinger

November 8th - November 25th


Marketing is one of my major areas of interest within business. In the past I worked in a Start-Up Advertising Agency (2008-2009) and a Start-Up Social Media Platform (2005-2007). Furthermore I took University level classes in Strategy and Marketing and completed a 1 year training in “Event Management and Marketing”. Therefore I already have a quite deep level of understanding of Marketing. Even though I appreciate the teachings of this class, I feel that I could learn a lot more in a self directed way.

Research:

Since my background is in Start-Ups and small Companies, and the goal of the business department is to focus on Entrepreneurship i will write a paper about:
“Marketing tools for Start-Ups, Entrepreneurs and small Businesses”
for the paper I will use the theory and tools presented in the class book “Essentials of Marketing Management” and show how they can be applied to small businesses. I will furthermore conduct my own research on this topic and present this in my paper.
Furthermore I will give a presentation about my research for the whole class and create a hand out that summarizes my research.

Project:

create a Marketing Plan for EcoFair 2011
I will use the theory and tools presented in the book “Essentials of Marketing Management” to create a business plan for EcoFair 2011. I will apply these to the very specific situation of EcoFair (Non Profit, organized by volunteers, once a year Event)



We will see how much i really get done in these 2 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment